Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fabulous Friday

We had a great day today! It's been such a busy week with Bible Study and MOPS starting so we decided to take it easy today and recover. We played at home and after Maddy's naps we headed out for a few errands. I'm amazed at how Maddy keeps growing and learning new skills. She is so curious about her environment and how everything works. She is now learning to stack cups inside of each other and she's working on the idea of stacking things on top of each other to make a tower.

Maddy playing with her new ball popper (she LOVES this toy! I'm hoping to post a video of her playing with it soon!)


They have been working on painting the outside of our building this week. Maddy is SO interested in the tall ladders outside our windows and the men who are climbing them. This afternoon we went out on our porch and chatted with the painter who was up on the ladder! Too funny!

I thought this was a cool picture


During Maddy's naps I got a LOT done in the kitchen! Woo Hoo! I got a bunch of finger foods prepped for Maddy - pears, peas and carrots. And I made yogurt! So far my batches of yogurt have turned out so-so, but this time I was extra careful and attentive and it turned out SO YUMMY! Nothing better than fresh yogurt in your fridge!

Maddy has decided that the dishwasher is very exciting! Whenever I open it she high tails it over to grab stuff from the dishwasher. Now I have to distract her so that I can get the dishwasher closed! My latest distraction is a big cup with a few spoons in it. She loves to play with silverware so it works pretty well!

the girl and her spoons...


love the expression!


In other exciting news... Maddy is starting to stand on her own regularly. She is doing it more and more and for longer and longer every day. She's starting to be more aware of what she's doing now and pretty soon she'll make the connection that standing allows her to do a lot more things. Unbelievable how she grows and changes every day! One thing I have NOT enjoyed about her getting bigger is her messy diapers. I am going to be completely honest here and tell you that they are DISGUSTING!!! So far her diapers have not been too bad and I've even been proud of myself (ha!) for handling them so well! But that's all changed now! Yuck! Some days I can barely bring myself to open that dirty diaper! I suppose this too shall pass...

learning to stand


This afternoon it was off to run errands! We went to the library, Costco, and Target where we ran into Anthony! Well, it wasn't really an accident - he had called and said he was on his way home and decided to meet us - but Maddy was sure surprised to see him!

you'll have to enlarge the picture to see it, but this is the fourth time in about two weeks that I have found a spider web on my mirror - how is this happening over and over?!?


Maddy at the library - this girl loves her blankie!

No comments:

Post a Comment