Saturday, September 5, 2009

What a day...

These twelve hour shift days are hard to adjust to! They are very very long days. Anthony leaves way before Maddy and I get up and often gets home after she's already in bed. It's a long time for me and Maddy to be all by ourselves and I'm afraid she's probably a bit bored of me! In a week and and a half our normal fall activities start up - Bible Study and MOPS - and that will at least get us out of the house a little bit more.

Today was a mostly at home day, just a little of this and a little of that...

This was how I found Maddy after her morning nap. Notice that the top of her music mobile is laying on the floor outside of her crib. I guess the mobile has served its purpose!


Happy girl after a little rest.


I decided to tackle a couple really simple projects in Maddy's room this morning. I have had them on my 'to do' list for a while now but I always feelt bad about asking Anthony to do house stuff when he's home! So anyways, I figured I'd give it a go. The first task was to move over the double scroll frame in the picture below. When we hung it originally we did not space it properly and it's been driving me crazy ever since!

Before

After - that was a super easy fix! I wish I had done it weeks ago!


Next up was hanging a new picture that Anna gave me for my birthday. I had tried a couple spots in Maddy's room but finally settled on this one. This project was almost as easy as the first! It seems silly now that I put this off for so long - thinking it was something for Anthony to do! In this season of life, I'm increasingly finding that I am much more competent than I ever imagined!

Before

After - Beautiful!


Maddy found Anthony's old drumsticks near the computer and played with them for a bit while I was doing some computer work. She liked hearing the sound they made against objects!


After Maddy's lunch I decided to fix myself some lunch. By Maddy's reaction you would have thought I hadn't even given the poor girl lunch! She immediately came over to me and started making noises until I shared my food. First up was the peach - she loves peaches! I figured after that she would be satisfied and go play while I finished eating. Nope! She wanted to share my taco! Can you believe it?!? And she liked it!!! She ate a whole bunch of it! Then she tried chips but they are still too tricky for her to eat. It's amazing what a little person she is becoming!

Sharing my peach!


This evening Anthony and I had the chance to go out with my parents for a double date. It was such a treat to get out and we had a GREAT time! We went to PF Changs for dinner (mmmm Sesame Chicken!) and then to see Julie & Julia (wonderful movie - loved it!). Thanks Mom & Dad for taking us out! And thanks Anna and Dad for staying with Maddy! We are so loved!!!

Ready for our date!


Here's a sweet video from today. Maddy was pretty cranky throughout the day and it wasn't one of our more pleasant days, but there were several wonderful moments. This was one of them!


1 comment: